Seborrheic Keratoses and Eskata
Have you noticed waxy, slightly raised brown or tan growths forming on your face, torso or arms? Those scaly, waxy growths tend to appear as we age. They are called seborrheic keratoses (SK), and they are one of the most common noncancerous skin growths in older adults. SK are normally painless and require no treatment, unless they are cosmetically unappealing or become irritated by clothing.
Previous treatment options to remove SKs included:
- Freezing with liquid nitrogen (cryosurgery) – this option does not always work and is uncomfortable.
- Scraping the skin’s surface with a special instrument (curettage) – this option may have delayed healing and leave a scar.
- Burning with an electric current (electrocautery) – this option may have delayed healing and leave a scar, as well as being uncomfortable.
- Vaporizing the growth with a laser (ablation) – this option may have delayed healing with discomfort.
Now, there is a new, more convenient and effective in-office treatment for raised SKs – Aclaris Eskata.
- Eskata is the first and only FDA approved prescription medicine used to treat raised seborrheic keratoses. The treatment is a simple in-office application of Eskata, which is a clear, colorless topical solution containing 40% hydrogen peroxide. The best part, there is no downtime, and Eskata is available at OBI BioAesthetic Institute!
At OBI BioAesthetic Institute your wellness, from the inside – out, is our focus. We customize treatment plans based on the patient’s concerns and preferences. Since our mission is to advocate our patients’ wellness, we will partner with our patients, implementing options personalized to their needs to achieve their goals.
The team at OBI BioAesthetic Institute invites you to bridge the best you, from the inside – out. Call today 904-273-5454 to schedule your personalized Aesthetic Medicine consultation with Gerrie M. Obi, MSN, APRN, AGPCNP-BC, CPSN.